Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thanda podchhe thanda! Get your MON-key caps out!

One of the things I've detested most the last few years of being in college is the insanely long vacations we have. It's a boon/bane of being associated with the Calcutta University, when most of us sit at home making plans to meet and spend time, even if college isn't on, just so we could waste our time. What ultimately happens is we all send sluggish texts to each other saying we're busy or make up some random rubbish. All so we don't have to drag ourselves out of our homes. It gets worse during the Autumn break. There's a slight nip in the air and our beds get dearer, as does the hot cuppa.

It's that time of the year again. I can feel my voice going dry rather frequently and I've already hosted a very warm welcome for winter by suffering from the worst bout of cold in a long time. Now that the weather goes a little easy and the clothes go thicker by the week, you'd think I'm bothering lesser about my weight loss plan but NO! I'm walking every evening and, if I lose my will some evening thanks to feeling lazy, I have driven two girls crazy who drive me out of my house. In fact my clicking-fingers-angrily-when-you-get-slow has caught on too! Speaking of driving people crazy, I've managed to get another How I Met Your Mother fan on board. That's a neighbour, Bonnie, who's a kid in high school. I got him so addicted to the Sitcom that he's finished watching 5 seasons in a matter of 6 days.

As of now, I've finished watching all the episodes that have been released so far and have absolutely gotten rid of any other pending work. That leaves only one thing for me to do: studies. I made the special effort of dragging myself off the couch and cleaning up my table, making all the preparations, even keeping a scented unlit candle on my table so I can lure myself into sitting down at the table, but nothing seems to be working. Just as well. 2010 has been the most jobless year of my life. Glad only two months of it are left.


2 comments:

Waled Aadnan said...

Hey, I'd love to lay hands on those HIMYM episodes you have!

Priyanshi said...

Take them from me whenever you want :)