Monday, December 7, 2009

Luck by chance

Last Friday was probably the worst day of 2009. I was upset,depressed and too bothered. The most bothering thing was the incident that happened on the morning of 4th of December. I had taken my usual bus from the bus stop nearest to my place at 9:30 am. The bus was heavily crowded but I had no other choice but to step in and fight my way into the bus. I had to stand for the first 10 minutes of my journey. By this time,someone had tried to feel me up thrice. I warded the hand off twice but the third time,I twisted the hand that tried to touch me and turned away,certainly perturbed. By the time the bus had reached a main four point crossing,I got a seat because the bus had nearly emptied. On sitting down,I noticed the zip of my bag where I kept my purse was unzipped. As most of my friends know by now,I had realised my purse was stolen. Someone had done a very neat job. I panicked and got off the bus immediately,helpless but shouting to everyone that I had been robbed of all my valuable documents and money. The most humiliating thing had to be standing on a side of the road,crying helplessly and calling my father.

This morning,by when I had filed an FIR,written tonnes of applications (including ones for my college ID card, Driver's licence which was issued three days ago and a library card),I got a call from a man named Kunal Ghosh who called to tell me he had my documents with him. He runs a chartered bus agency. It was in one of his buses that he found my purse lying ripped under a seat,with my documents lying on the seat in a neat stack.

I was convinced (as I was told too) that humanity needn't be bid goodbye. There are very few cases people I'm acquainted with came across,where someone had been so lucky. Good people in this world haven't ceased to exist. I needn't make this a place to preach,but what I mean to say is pretty clear.
A. The heart of life is good
B. People are good at heart ultimately.

Damn...I did ruin it,afterall!

4 comments:

Ritwik Goswami said...

WOW! Now, THAT is good luck.

T. Mukherjee said...

5th December was my worst day of 2009 too. About your losing and finding the documents, I had lost a cell at South City Mall. I had got it back from a Muslim slum dweller on Russell Street, who spent his own balance to call up my parents and inform of his find.

ANC said...

Just when you think the world sucks, something like this happens :) I almost left an expensive camera in an Indian restaurant here, but the nice Punjabi waiter brought it back to me :) Yay for these people.

Priyanshi said...

@ T.Mukherjee: Reason enough to believe there are good people in this world. May that slum dweller be blessed:)

@Absoluitely normal...: I've always known Punjabis to be nice people and I know for a fact that they never steal. There isn't a single Punjabi in this world who begs. It's a community of people I truly admire :)And yes...yaay for these people!