Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Alone I walked
with the times going by
"I won't show you the pages"
I screamed and I walked by

Alone I walked
and I saw a smile nearby
I stopped to glance
a friend it seemed like
we joined our arms
like the "chemical bonding"
and we walked along
as the times rushed by


A tear in the eye
"We'll never say goodbye!"
I was sure she'd be
like she always was
keeping silent but always
knowing how I was

Alone I walked
with the times passing by
I looked here and there
and saw a sight woo me
I caught a drop in my throat
I swayed and swooned
and laughed merrily
I loved the moment
"Shall we do this again,please?"

Still swaying from side to side
I wondered
"Why was I walking
alone all these years?"

I looked all around
the world seemed happy
so I drown my thoughts
and strap my sandals
and walk along
never thinking again

4 comments:

ANC said...

I am useless at poetry. Which makes me admire this 1000 times more.

:)

Priyanshi said...

Thank you :D
This is my very first attempt at something that could possibly called poetry :D

Minakshi said...

A great first attempt :)

Priyanshi said...

Thanks Minakshi :D
That coming from you IS special :)