Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I was watching the MJ memorial yesterday. After a stormy night at home (metaphorically) I turned the volume of the TV down to the minimum so no one could hear the TV (or me sobbing).

I was touched by the performance of Stevie Wonder. However,the best came from the one I was waiting for...John Mayer. I was deeply moved by his rendition of "Human Nature",a song by Jackson from one of his albums. It was the most emotionally charged,yet supressed and befitting as a tribute. While the others were screaming their torsos off,here was a man,silent and grieving,playing in memory and genuinely wishing his heart rests in peace. Even with the volume low I followed every note he played and absorbed the serenity. Beautiful...that's all I could say.

Watching a crappy movie like "He's just not that into you" helped. It helped me set a few things right in my head. Nobody makes junk!

1 comment:

Rene Lacoste said...

I thought the memorial was more of a sham. But when our days will be long gone, everyone will remember the genius of MJ, the sour memories battered and brought into line by time...