Friday, May 8, 2009

Last Night



I turned to a familiar face after a tap on my shoulder. "He's sitting in that class. He'll be over with it soon",I was told. "He wants to meet you. Don't run away. You're good at it,so I'm warning you!". That kid's still in school? I wondered. And then he appeared before me. The image I had formed of him in my mind all through these years came crashing down. He was nothing like I'd imagined him to be.Each and every moment I was standing there looking at him,with his eyes hardly meeting mine,was painful. Amidst all this turmoil in my head, JG passed me by,looking older than she ever did. There was eyeliner left on her eyes from last night's party. There were tell-tale signs of chain smoking on her lips. Her face had those lines of kindliness and she seemed tired somehow.


Then came D. She was walking with suitcases in her hand. Nothing seemed to be tying her down. Not even my presence. The poem she wrote echoed in my head. I felt lost. I wanted to cry. It struck me how this was all that I feared. Well,not all,but some of the things that I've been fearing over the last few days.


"Packing my past"....how could she say that? Was life really as inexplicable as she thinks it is? Why is she doing this? I was sweating I realized. She still walked past me as if she never knew me. (Somehow I wanted redemption. Wanted to get back to those times when I could spend more time with her. Talking. Apologising.)


Just then,someone handed me a paper. There were cartoons sketched all over it with indecipherable scribbling. I stood there. What the hell was going on?


He was still standiong in front of me. This was too much to take. I was helpless.


I woke up suddenly. Sweating. Nah. I can't explain everything that's been going on. And somehow not thinking about these things gave me peace. I always want to escape. Perhaps sometimes it's best I do.

2 comments:

Monoshij said...

now you know the power of dreams then :P

Anonymous said...

dreams
:)

fake ipl player exposed