Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Heatwave

Ugh!! I HATE summers! And I'm sure summers hate me too. That's why it's troubling me (and so many other people in this city) so much. Seriously,if the weather's bad,I can never sit down to study and fully concentrate. It's such a task sitting in this heat trying to concentrate on what's written in a bunch of morbid looking pages when you suddenly have an urge to wipe off that obnoxious trickle of sweat coming down your nose or your back. I hate losing,but I'm slowly seeing myself getting defeated by the sun. AAAAGRH!!!


But I'm still lucky with a generator. The CESC bastards are making life "living haalllllll" (as Aamir Khan says in that new Tata Sky ad :P) for all Kolkatans. An average of six hours of power cut is what they're getting us used to. So where does all the power in those election campaign meetings come from? I wonder....


But there are some things that are really catching my eye these days. Take for instance that Pink Floyd poster used by CPI(M). I have to admit...I was mighty impressed. They used the cover of the album "The Division Bell" for a campaign to show (quite irrelevantly though) how the TMC is a two faced party. Well I was a little upset about the use of that poster but to think that someone in the CPI(M) listens to Floyd is a pretty interesting thing....although I'm not ruling out the fact that the one who created the poster must be some oddball from my college whom I must be seeing everyday! Nevertheless,I'm impressed!



But who's going to solve the power cut problem????? I'm going to melt in this heatwave!!!! AAAARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

The Dark Side Of The Moon said...

Impressive.Yes.Especially for someone like me suffering from the Floydian-bias :P

I was wondering,can they be sued for copyright infringements?

Priyanshi said...

I don't think DG or RW would ever get to know or even believe that something like this was happening with their album art. We do know of the Brits and their arrogance,don't we?