Sunday, March 8, 2009

Dil Gira Dafatan

I've been addicted to this song...Dil Gira Dafatan. Watching Delhi-6 may not have been one of the best cinematic experiences for me. Yeah the movie had it's own plus points: Abhishek without a loser expression on his face in a long time, Sonam Kapoor looking pretty....and that's IT! As i was advised,i did not walk inot the movie hall expecting another Rang De Basanti. I was sorry later to have been expecting anything at all. Well I did have fun though...watching two of my best friends sitting next to me and bawling,watching the hungry couple (hungry for what...you know... :P)

It's the music however...Rahman's an absolute genius! I may sound like a parrot after the whole world's been saying this,but Delhi-6 has music that's one of the best soundtracks I've heard from Rahman in a long time,and it seems like a different person's music especially after Yuvraaj (yes he was the music director for it,believe it or not!).

It's Dil Gira Dafatan which I'm talking about. Rahman's put in all these sounds which are not supposed to be there to make it a good quality track...but how?!? How does it sound so mesmerizing...so beautiful that your heart elevates and you feel like falling in love! The song's pure genius...and Jai Ho sounds like garbage in front of it. The Oscar's a tribute to the musical genius named Rahman.

3 comments:

The Dark Side Of The Moon said...

Heh..!I bet they were hungry..!And you were rather too hungry to see their hunger! The way you stared...! :P :D

And yeah,the song is a masterpiece!It's even got an Irish flavour,have you noticed..?
And JAI HO is GARBAGE!Nothing can make it appear thus :P

And in my defense,I WAS NOT BAWLING! :| I just sniffed a bit..!What a waste! :P

Priyanshi said...

Shut up...you were SO crying. Even during luck by chance...i mean....HOW?!? well nothing beats Priyanka's crying though. She fished out a huge Men's kerchief that could be mistaken for a towel and started mopping her face with it :D So you were just probably touching your eyes compared to that :P

The song has an irish flavour ...yes...and i quite like its picturization too :D

The Dark Side Of The Moon said...

Okay!Let me put it this way!Me not crying is like me not being drunk on THAT day! :P And yeah,PC tops the list!
And abt LBC,does everyone need to know..!?! :|
And yeah,I liked the picturization too!Very dreamy! :)