Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Yesterday was one of the most memorable days of my college life...for reasons entirely unrelated to college...

It was 11 30 when we logged onto the internet through the library comp. After begging and pleading the librarian it was purely for academic purposes,Priyanka,Chandrayee and myself started searching for info for an upcoming presentation. Priyanka had been nagging me to watch Dostana since AC's class in the morning. It was while we were searching for info that we suddenly came up with the idea of watching Dostana (oh....note: Chandrayee and i had sworn that very morning we would'nt ,for anything in the world,watch a movie like that. I quote Chandu...."poysha khorcha kore Dostana dekhar kono maney hoy?"). A glance here,a regret there on missing work...and off we were! And we ran...

Cheap food cheap food....here and there we hunted. And after too much of thinking and extra cautiousness landed up with....emm...heh....a clone of promod da. I would like to believe he's Promod Da's son or a product of his able tutelage. The deja vous was too much clearly!

After shelling out 110 bucks for that movie...all we get is a stark naked John(but he's cute...sigh..),a pouty Shilpa, AB baby who revealed the truth about his sexual preferences to us (watch the movie and you'll know what i mean....on second thoughts....please dont watch it!),double meaning dialogues..tch tch...Tarun Mansukhani truly has THEM! I wish we'd gone for Deshdrohi instead :(

But i can't deny we had fun....we had good company in the first row...the only other occupied row except ours. Couple of students who had bunked like us. Their comments made the movie watching experience far more tolerable...i think...

And then...icing on the cake: I obviosuly hadn't told my mom. What greeted me after i came home was "how was Dostana?". Needless to say i was shocked. And then the culprit was caught. "Hamare jaasoos kone kone mein faile hue hain"...indeed! Whatever happened to privacy. And well...people don't have a life so they go about spoiling others' by reporting whereabouts. Humph.

But i avenged it...I wantched Dasvidaniya today. Again without informing. Hah!

It's a really nice movie. Really liked it. Especially because i had good company:D Now i'll go make a list of the ten things i want to do before i die. Puncturing someone's nose definitely figures on that list! :D

2 comments:

The Dark Side Of The Moon said...

Totally..!We indeed had great fun,notwithstanding the crappy movie..!The whole unplanned process has its charm...!
And laughing at inane things,once in a while,is indeed needed.
Dostana..as gay as it might have been..did add some necessary gaiety in our lives :D

Rene Lacoste said...

I had a couple of friends calling me up half an hour into their Dostana show, "I paid 180 rupees for this movie!@#!@$%$@$# movie!":D...I guess I understand :P

And also, if you can lay your hands on it, watch this movie called "Bridges of Madison County"...mast hai